Thursday, 09 February 2017 10:44
Heather Kampf Wins Armory 3000m, Next Up Is NYRR Millrose Games Mile Feb. 11; Kevin Lewis, Jon Peterson to Run 3000m at U of M Snowshoe Open Feb. 17Written by Super User
Minneapolis/St. Paul – Feb. 7, 2017 – Team USA Minnesota’s Heather Kampf won the women’s 3000-meter race at the Armory Track Invitational in New York City on Feb. 4 in a personal best time of 8:51.27 (previous best was 8:58.14), which was also a meet record. Next up for Kampf will be the NYRR Millrose Games on Feb. 11 where she will compete in the Wanamaker Mile.
Kampf ran in the Millrose Games – known as the World’s Longest Running Indoor Track & Field Competition - last year and set a best in the mile on the indoor track of 4:27.23. The 110th Milrose Games will be held at The Armory in New York City.
The Women’s Wanamaker Mile will be held at 4:27 p.m. and will be televised on NBC from 3-5 p.m. (all times Central).
In Minneapolis on Feb. 17, Kevin Lewis and Jon Peterson will run the 3000 meters at the Snowshoe Open, which will be held at the University of Minnesota Fieldhouse. The running events will start at 5 p.m. with the 3000m race set for the next to last event that evening.
Lewis has a best of 7:57.06 in the 3000m and Peterson has posted 7:55.36 in the distance.
About Team USA Minnesota
Team USA Minnesota is based in the Twin Cities of Minneapolis/St. Paul. Founded in 2001, the purpose of the training group is to improve the competitiveness of post-collegiate American distance running and to develop Olympians. The athletes are coached by Chris Lundstrom. Team USA Minnesota’s major sponsor is Twin Cities In Motion. Its silver sponsors are the Houston Marathon Foundation and the Pittsburgh Three Rivers Marathon. For more information, visit the team’s web site at www.teamusaminnesota.org.
Published in Clubs
Latest from Super User
- Thorlos Introduces New Experia® ProLite Running Sock to Give Runners Their Fastest Feet Ever
- Have you seen the new Brooks Levitate? Check it out! (video from The Shoe Addicts), and then, find a local running store dealer for the Brooks Levitate!
- METRO Marathon Düsseldorf on April 29: Olympic Games fifth placer Volha Mazuronak will run Düsseldorf
- Distance-based Mobile App FASTZach Becomes Bronze Sponsor of Team USA Minnesota
- Start lists available - IAAF/Trinidad Alfonso World Half Marathon Championships Valencia 2018